TERMS & CONDITIONS
When purchasing goods, you enter into a legally binding contract with the seller. It is our duty to make you aware of the conditions you are accepting when you place an order. There’s also some useful information on this page too.
Six Sixes Cricket is a UK based company and complies with UK consumer law including the Distance Selling Regulations. Our Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
1. It is Your responsibility to ensure that all Orders You place are correct. When You place an Order, this constitutes an offer to purchase those Goods which Six Sixes Cricket may or may not accept.
2. Six Sixes Cricket reserves the right to reject Your Order if there is a Fulfilment Problem. Six Sixes Cricket will inform you by email as soon as is reasonably possible if there is a problem with acceptance or fulfilment of Your Order. Despatch of the Goods will constitute acceptance of Your Order.
3. Six Sixes Cricket reserves the right to correct typographical errors in any elements of the information that appears on the Website including pricing mistakes;
4. Any representations of the Goods shown on the Website are provided for the purposes of guidance only.
5. Any representations made by Six Sixes Cricket as regards the date of delivery of Goods are given in good faith but are not binding.
6. You are responsible for the payment of any local taxes due upon delivery and/or import of Goods to You by Six Sixes Cricket and You indemnify and will keep indemnified Six Sixes Cricket against any claim for such payments and/or taxes.
7. Contracts shall be based on these Terms to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions.
8. Delivery charges for Orders with a value under £15.00 are £3.95 and for Orders with a value over £15.00 are £4.95 for 3-5 day delivery. These apply for UK mainland only. Next day delivery in the UK is available for £9.50 but this service is subject to Six Sixes Cricket confirmation by e-mail. For overseas shipment the charges will be as per current prevailing tariff by courier companies and will be charged accordingly. Six Sixes Cricket will advise you of the charges before proceeding.
9. In the event that You order Goods from Six Sixes Cricket and Six Sixes Cricket sends the Goods to the address You have provided but, on delivery, the Goods are refused at the given address or You require Six Sixes Cricket to re-deliver to a different address, You will be charged an additional fee of £9.95 to cover Six Sixes Cricket associated costs.
We ship parcels Monday to Friday, and delivery is within these days. Our courier will attempt delivery, and if unsuccessful, will leave a calling card informing you of their attempt. Please follow the instructions on the card, or contact us for more help. If you do not respond to the card within 5 working days, the parcel will be returned to us and you will be liable for all postage costs. If you have not received a calling card within 5 working days of ordering, you should contact us to avoid the parcel been returned to our warehouse. If you have not contacted us within this timeframe, you may be liable for postage. We endeavor to ship as many orders as we can every day – however we cannot guarantee same day dispatch on orders placed after 1pm. There may be additional postage charges and delays to certain areas including Scottish Highlands. Mainland Europe includes mainland France, Spain, Ireland, Germany, Portugal, Czech Republic and Holland. We ship to other countries but this may incur additional costs. If there any additional customs duties to pay, the customer assumes full responsibility for them in their entirety.
UK Economy delivery is sent via Hermes and can take between 3-5 working days for delivery. The collection for these parcels will be made the day after you place your order. The delivery charge includes insurance for the product in the event it becomes lost or damaged in transit. We have included this cost for peace of mind for both you as a customer and ourselves as a business.
Next Working Day delivery is sent via dpd. The delivery charge includes insurance for the product in the event it becomes lost or damaged in transit. We have included this cost for peace of mind for both you as a customer and ourselves as a business. Orders that use the dpd mail service maybe processed same day providing they are placed before 2:30pm. Failing this they will be processed the next day in an effort to get you your order ASAP.
Merchandise purchased from Six Sixes Cricket may be returned to our store within 14 days from the date of purchase provided that they are returned brand new and in the original packaging. The cost of the item will be refunded less the outgoing postage charge incurred by Six Sixes Cricket as listed upon the invoice/sales receipt supplied with your item.
This excludes personalised, customised, or any other type of product where an adjustment has been made to the ‘normal’ at a customer’s request. These cannot be returned. We also reserve the right to alter, adjust, modify, resize, crop or re-colour any image or text submitted to personalise an item with – this will only ever be to improve the quality of output.
The customer will be responsible for the postage costs except for faulty items being returned.
We will endeavour to sort out a problem within 5 days of receiving the complaint. Please report non-delivery after 7 days of placing the order. IT MUST BE before 21 days if delivery/non delivery is within the UK. If an item needs replacing please phone or email, within 14 days of receiving the goods, so we can make arrangements.
If the goods are faulty, damaged or different from those ordered, please contact us within 7 days of you receiving the order. We will replace the goods free of charge including postage, or give a full refund (if preferred) – within 30 days. It is important that you return the goods new and unused in the original packaging for you to receive a replacement or refund. If insufficiently protected we have the right to refuse the returned item.
If the goods are ordered in error we will refund the goods in full, if sent back within 7 days of your receiving the order, but we will charge postage costs.
Returns information (All products):
Distance Selling Regulations give you the right to cancel an order and return any goods that may already have been dispatched for up to 14 days from receipt date.
Returned Items must be:
– Goods must be in original packaging, and saleable as new items.
– Goods must not be modified or personalised.
– We are not able to refund postage and packaging charges, both from and to ourselves, under any circumstances excepting a mistake on our part (such as posting you an incorrect item).
Return of: New items
If you do need to send your items back, please contact us first to ensure that your return is dealt with as quickly as possible. We recommend using a recorded service when you send items back as it requires a signature on arrival.
A Note About Damaged/Cracked Cricket Bats
A very small percentage of bats sold are liable to crack under the massive stresses which take place when the ball hits the willow. This is why it is very important that you should take care when playing with your bat for the first time, you MUST ensure you have knocked in your bat, especially on the sides and on the bottom. Even if a bat is described as ready-to-play you should take care when using it in its infancy…. (It is usual for a cricket bat to have many minor cracks in the face.)
Unfortunately, we do receive bats back from customers who have mis-treated their bat, and if the manufacturer recognises this, they will return the bat to the customer untouched. If a bat is returned to us and the manufacturer agrees there is a fault with the bat, they will then either fix or replace the damaged bat. Returns can take up to 4 weeks to repair or replace. I’m afraid that we are unable to refund any postage costs for products sent overseas, but will refund the postage back to us for a faulty cricket bat. If you do feel your bat has cracked or split and that there is a flaw with the willow, please return it to the address below with a note explaining what happened. If the bat is over 12 months old, you will have little or no case for replacement.
Return of: New items returned because we have posted you the wrong part
Believe it or not we do make mistakes on the odd occasion! If we have sent you some equipment which is different to what is listed on your invoice we will be more than happy to make an exchange and pay your Second Class Recorded postage (or Standard Parcels for larger items) costs for returning the item. If you wish to use a faster service to return the items that is no problem, although we will only re-imburse you for the amount a 2nd Class/Standard Parcels delivery would cost.
Return of: Custom Made Cricket Bats
When we make a custom-made cricket bat for you, it is made specifically for you, and to your exact specification. This means that we are not obliged to accept back custom-made items for a refund or exchange
There is no right of cancellation where the Goods have been tailored to Your special requirements or where You have in any way damaged the Goods after delivery
In the rare case that any of the items in your order are incorrect, missing or damaged:
Firstly, please accept our apologies! We ask that you, the customer, informs Six Sixes Cricket of any mistakes within three working days of receiving the order. If you do not contact us within this time then we will assume that everything on your order is correct.
Any externally damaged packages must be signed as ‘Damaged’ with the carrier upon delivery; failure to do so will greatly reduce the chances of any successful claim for loss or damage against our delivery companies
All returns should be made to the following address:
Six Sixes Cricket Ltd
Unit 20 Douglas Road Industrial Park
Exclusions of liability
Any disclaimers and exclusions of liability in these terms & conditions shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Six Sixes Cricket Ltd or any of its employees or agents or fraud. These disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with UK Law. If any provisions of these disclaimers and exclusions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
The aggregate liability of Six Sixes Cricket Ltd shall be limited to the amount of the order from which the liability arises.
Other legal notices
There may be legal notices on other areas of this website which relate to your use of this website, all of which will, together with these terms & conditions govern your use of this website.
Changes to legal notices
We reserve the right to change these terms & conditions from time to time and you should re-read them each time you use this website.
Law, jurisdiction and language
This website, any content contained herein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with UK Law. All contracts are concluded in English.
These terms and conditions do not affect your legal rights.
Batting Lane Hire : BOOKINGS, PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
- All bookings for the hire of Six Sixes Cricket facilities shall be made using the appropriate booking form online. The person by whom the booking is made must be over 18 years of age and shall be considered the ‘customer’. If bookings are made on behalf of an organisation or a club, that organisation or club must be named at the booking process and shall be considered the ‘customer’ and shall be jointly and severally liable along with the person who makes the booking.
- The hours of facility hire must include preparation and clear out time. Your booking is advertised and an hour this includes either setting up / packing up the machine/ net. this means your booking will never be more then 55 minutes
- Bookings can be made online up to 6 months in advance. To confirm your booking full payment must be made at the time of booking which will be done by secure credit/debit card payment when you check out your basket. You will then receive a confirmation email that details all bookings and it will confirm the times and dates . You will also be able to view your order in your account login area.
- Cancellations must be made in your account login area. Please note that once your booking has been made and you have received your confirmation email – no refunds or credits will be given if any cancellations take place within 24 hours of the activity commencing. If a cancellation is made with more than 24 hours’ notice then you will be given a credit back in to your account, you will not be given a monetary refund.
- If our facility has to close due to being shut down by the Local Council or the Government, then we will offer a refund minus 20% admin fee on your booking.
- Six Sixes Cricket reserves the right to refuse application for the use of the facilities, or to refuse any application without being required to give any reason for such refusal.
- Public Liability. Clubs, Schools, Universities, Corporations & Associations etc must produce a valid copy of their Public Liability Insurance document (£5,000,000 cover) prior to the start date of hire. Failure to do so may prevent the use of Six Sixes Cricket facilities.
USE AND CARE OF THE PREMISES
- The Hirer shall not use the centre for any purpose other than that specified on the booking confirmation email.
- Reasonable care must be taken to protect any surface or equipment that is likely to suffer damage as a result of hire.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all minors (under the age of 18) are wearing and use the appropriate protective equipment. U18’s must wear cricket helmets when using the net facilities with hard cricket/bola balls.
- Six Sixes Cricket accepts no responsibility for accidents or injuries which occur under parental, club or other hiring of our facilities.
- If the premises are not fully vacated by the time given for the function to end, a surcharge will be made for the extra time.
- The Hirer shall agree to repay to Six Sixes Cricket all expenses which may be incurred by them in cleaning, repairing, making good or replacing any part of Serious Cricket buildings or the contents thereof which may be lost, damaged or destroyed in consequence of the Hirer’s use of Six Sixes Cricket facilities.
- The Hirer shall indemnify Six Sixes Cricket from and against all costs, claims, expenses or damage incurred or suffered by Six Sixes Cricket arising either directly or indirectly out of the use of the Hirer of the hired facility and equipment of Six Sixes Cricket .
- When hiring a bowling machine, you receive 24 balls, for every ball not returned there is a £5 fee.
- The Hirer shall not carry out any alteration to the buildings or fittings, nor shall he/she fix or make fixings for any apparatus, equipment or decoration without prior consent from Six Sixes Cricket .
- Hirers must observe the maximum capacity in net lanes.
- The maximum lane capacity is 4 people. With consultation with the Six Sixes Cricket Manager may, at its discretion, allow a maximum of 5 people per lane at the Hirer’s own risk.
- The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that all persons utilising the facilities hired are properly attired for the purpose for which the Lane is hired. In most cases this will be cricket whites, tracksuits, training shirts and non-marking sports trainers.
- Footwear that has been worn outside, or which is likely to dirty or mark the floor must not be worn. Spikes are prohibited. The decision of Six Sixes Cricket or duly authorised personnel as to whether attire or footwear is considered suitable shall be final and binding.
- All persons and Hirers wishing to use the bowling machine (BOLA) must receive training from Six Sixes Cricket staff prior to hire. The minimum age for use of the bowling machine is 18. All persons under the age of 18 must be supervised by an appropriately trained adult. Six Sixes Cricket reserves the right to refuse use of the bowling machine. It is the hirer’s responsibility to come and ask a member of staff for the appropriate training should they need it.
- No consumption of food in the net lanes or arenas. Only plastic sports bottles allowed in the playing arena ad net lanes.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of Six Sixes Cricket premises.
- Chewing gum is not permitted in the Batting lane. Anyone caught chewing gum will be asked to leave the premises. No refund will be given.
- The Hirer shall ensure that all vehicles are parked in the Six Sixes Cricket car park. Six Sixes Cricket does not accept liability for loss damage to any vehicle or its contents whilst parked on the Six Sixes Cricket premises.
- In case of fire, Hirers should familiarise themselves with and inform their participants and spectators of the escape routes and the location, exit doors and rendezvous points. It is the responsibility of Hirers to seek this information from Six Sixes Cricket staff prior to making use of the facility.
- No animals are permitted on the premises other than a dog belonging to a registered blind person.
- Six Sixes Cricket reserves the right to dispose as it deems fit of any property left on the premises if such property is not claimed within 1 month of discovery.